Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Audrey's 1st ER visit

I hate to say it, but I'm glad we got this "first" out of the way. Audrey started running a low grade temp Tuesday after dinner, but I just chalked it up to teething. She was zonked by 7, but I didn't give it a second thought since it was first day back to daycare. However, we woke up screaming at 2am w/high fever. :(

I do not get along w/thermometers, but after giving up on 2 of my own a friend brought Hera over. Audrey had a temp of 102! Couldn't ever really get it to break & when I checked on her at 9 it was 104!!!!

Sooooo.... We headed to the ER. They did a strep test (negative), chest x-ray (clear), & urine analysis (fine). First 2 tests were a piece of cake, but the third about ripped out my heart. The nurses couldn't get a catheter in her & tried forever only to decide to tape a bag to her. So.Not.Fun!

Finally determined that she had an upper respiratory infection w/a high fever. This momma now knows to alternate Tylenol w/ibuprofen.

We also know now not to give Audrey amoxicillin. She broke out in hives on Saturday....

It is always something around here!



No comments: