Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Quiet time...

My house has suddenly fallen silent. The boys are in bed, my man is glued to a video game, and the cats and dog have decided to leave each other alone...finally! Silence in a busy house is overwhelming. It provides time to reflect, sometimes on things I don't want to reflect on.

I realized this morning that although I say I really feel like I am becoming my mother, I'm no where near as patient as she ever was. I don't ever remember her yelling like I seem to do. Maybe I'm like my father, too. THAT'S SCARY!!! It's just mornings and evenings with an ADHD son can be too much to handle sometimes. Add in an attitude son and it gets worse. I don't know how many times I repeated directions this morning or any morning for that matter...

I had to call my wonderful mother (who surprised my family with cookies mysteriously appearing in our house today) after school who always listens to me vent about work. She is a recently retired teacher and understands my pain. Today, I unintentionally caused drama for another librarian by explaining the school catalog system to one entire school. The lady who used to hold my co-worker's position got a little nasty with her. However, my principal told me that I'm doing more than my fair share of work for the program that the teachers at that school were whining about earlier this week. I guess we have to take the good with the ugly...

As, I write this I'm seriously missing my girls. Life has changed so much in four years! Some of us are married with families, some have moved away (T if you are reading this, move back!), some are pursuing master's degrees (which I know is very time consuming...how am I going to go back for my second with the boys here full time?!), and others are involved in everything under the sun (even live around the corner, but I never see)! I miss our Bachelor nights and dates at InnKeepers. Painting while drinking a bottle of wine at midnight is always fun. I love my husband and all, but sometimes a girl just needs her friends!

Okay, the quiet is getting to me...time to turn on the music and get some grading done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's no reason why we can't have a girl's night! Let's do dinner soon, just the two of us! Let's see... I'm free all weekend! Give me a ring.. or ... I'll see you Friday! Love you!